Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Engagement Party

First of all, I am so sorry I have been such a bad blogger this month. We have been out of town a bunch and very busy. And I thought this summer was going to be relaxing! I am back to it now and will be much better with posts:) That being said I have tons to update you on!

As many of you know, my sister-in-law Emily is engaged to be married this year on December 18th to Ruty Aki. The Vyvial's threw them a wonderful engagement party Saturday, July 3rd in Schulenburg. It was held at the family's country house where Adam and Emily grew up spending weekend trips. It was perfect! It was the perfect mix of country and Hawaiian! Rusty is part Hawaiian, and his family provided some native Hawaiian foods. It was so neat. Unfortunately- my camera battery died! I was so mad about it. This something so rare! So stay tuned for pictures, my mother-in-law has a ton. I will post once I get them. The party took place outside and everyone dressed up in Hawaiian gear. It was great!

Adam and I spent that night out in Schulenburg with the fam. It was so great to spend this time with family. The next day we went to the annual St. John's Fourth of July Picnic right down the street from the country house. Adam has grown up attending this picnic each year his whole life, so this is something we never miss. This is a tradition I look forward to carrying on for our children one day. It was a blast as always- but soooo hot! The Shiner Hobo band was there playing some Czech favorites and the food was delish! Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment