Thursday, July 29, 2010

One Last Project (for now)

I must say, decorating and filling our home is exhausting. So we have one last project we are working on and then we are taking a looooong break! It is great because we really don't have much else to do, but this one last project is important to us. Plus its a fun one! Currently, our TV hangs above our fireplace and there is a nook to the right of it where a TV can be placed. We filled the nook with a console and can't seem to find the right item to hang above it. Finally, we decided that shelving with family pictures would be perfect! I found these Holman Ledges from Pottery Barn.

Now we are going to frame old black and white photos of all different sizes from both my family and Adam's family to place on the ledges. This project is very near and dear to my heart. I cannot wait to have a wall filled with old pictures of our parents, grand parents, and so on. It brings me so much joy! Right now we are in the phase of collecting all of the pictures. So, it may be a while. Until our "masterpiece" is complete I wanted to share with you some of my family's photos. I am lucky enough that my graphic designer brother has retouched and made digital copies to many of our family's old photos. Thanks Nic!
Do I even need to explain who this is below? :)
The Perez family in Cuba, my Abuelo is the dapper young man seated in the suit.
The Perez family in Cuba (my dad is the blondie).
Young Victor Manuel Perez (Dad).

My mom, looking good!
My mom as a tot, no wonder she is such a horse lover!
My maternal grandmother, Julia. Just glam!
My maternal grandfather, Fran.
Three cuties! Mom, Aunt Marcia, Uncle Jay.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you look like your young dad! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! this is so what I want to do...just have no idea where. i'll just come to your pad and then copy. thanks love!

    ReplyDelete