Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Halleluiah!

..is all I have to say! After a long 18 months of travel Adam is FINALLY finished! Today, he received an email from his boss that said July 5th he will be back in the Houston office as an..wait for it, wait for it..an oilfield SALES REPRESENTATIVE! He will be home for good! I'm not sure if I know what to do with myself I'm so excited:) The entire time we have been married, Adam has been traveling as a part of this sales training program. It was hard, but both of us know this job is such a blessing. The knowledge and experience he has gained in this program will help him be a very successful oilfield sales rep. It was difficult at times, but it was most definitely worth it. Now, I look forward to his/our future and watching him grow into this sales position. I am more than thrilled for Adam to be home (more than anyone will know). Besides all the time I will now have with my hubby, there are so many little things that make me excited about the end of this travel. So, I thought it was appropriate to create a David Letterman-style top ten list of the things that I am excited for. And, I apologize, there are more than ten things. Least to greatest of course:
  • 16. A weeknight exercise buddy. Something we have discussed for the last year. Now we are going to get a plan in gear! Watch out!
  • 15. I can finally grocery shop for the two of us, knowing that he will be here. Of course when I only grocery shop for me (lettuce and lean cuisines), Adam ends up coming home early for the weekends and I have nothing to feed him.
  • 14. I don't have to water the grass anymore.
  • 13. The neighbors won't be wondering about our "situation" (the man is there sometimes, and the woman is there all the time).
  • 12. Routine (I am very type A, so routine is my thing).
  • 11. Adam can finally go to the dentist and the dermatologist.
  • 10. I don't have to water the grass anymore. (Oh wait, I already said that)
  • 9. The Ram will be clean! With all the travel and life out on "jobs" his truck is dirty inside and out. (mud on the truck and smelly hard hats and boots in the cab).
  • 8. No more fast food and eating out every meal for him. Makes me worry about his health!
  • 7. No more packing every Sunday night and no more living out of a suit case. (I get tired of seeing that old duffel in the corner of our room every weekend. And when he is gone there is a mark on the carpet where it sits, even after vacuuming).
  • 6. I won't feel the need to check every room, closet, and bathtub before I go to sleep (I watch too many movies).
  • 5. I don't have to lock my BEDROOM door at night anymore (what can I say, I get scared).
  • 4. Ruby will be happier and get more play (Adam rough houses with her much better than I can).
  • 3. We can finally enjoy weekends, we always have to cram so much into the weekends since he is gone during the week.
  • 2. I finally get to cook for my hubby regularly and feel like a real wife.
  • 1. Last but not least, I will be with my love ALL THE TIME! Something I have only dreamed of!

No comments:

Post a Comment