Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May is for Birthdays

May 20th was my big 2-5! It was honestly one of the best birthdays EVER! At first, I was pretty down because Adam had to be out of town for my birthday, but it turned out to be a really great day. First, my mom met me for a wonderful lunch and then I met my some of my besties..Christy, Hayley, Missy & Ali for a fun dinner at La Vida Loca. The restaurant gave us some funky drinks on the house with dinner. I had the skinny rita in a very tall, very skinny glass and Wu had a "Slurricane." The others had everything in between (if this gives you an idea of the "funky" drinks I mentioned). After we ate, we headed to the bar where there was an 80's DJ playing some old songs. To top it off the girls requested "Sweet Caroline" and it was a great finish to a wonderful night! As I headed home I called Adam to touch base. To my surprise he said he was 5 minutes away!! This was just the cherry ontop! I have the best hubby (and girlfriends) in the world! (see below.."We wear our sunglasses at night!")



On Friday (the day after my b-day) Adam took me to Babin's for a delsih dinner. Then, that Sunday we headed out to Bellville to celebrate with my parents. We had such a fun time with them! My parents surprised me with my very own pistol for my birthday. Since I have been home alone alot with Adam's travel (and seem to hear odd noises in the new house), I needed something for self protection. So don't come over unannounced;) ha ha. In Bellville we went shooting, my dad cooked out a yummy meal, and then we relaxed in the hot tub while listening to my fave Creager cd. Life is GOOD! As if it could be any better, my mom made Love Cake as well! It was the perfect day.



Oh and did I mention it was Ruby and LuLu's first bday too? Their first birthday was May 24th so we decided to "celebrate" during our time in Bellville. Those sisties just love eachother so much! If you have ever seen them together, you KNOW what I mean. Anywho- our last May birthday girl is none other than my lovey, Miss Christy Hammett! Her birthday is May 26th. May has always been such a fun month for us as friends because we either get two weeks in a row of birthday celebrations..OR we have had joint birthday parties. Our bday parties in the past were hilarious! Always crazy and tons of fun! Christy- next year lets have a re-do! This year for Christy's 25th we all went to Sushi Hana. It was so much fun! Katherine, Megan, Alli and Hayley all came to celebrate. I love getting together with my girls for any occassion:)

1 comment:

  1. May is definitely for birthdays!!!! Remember our 19th?? ;) Seems like it was yesterday. And a happy belated birthday to Ruby and LuLu!

    Hugs,

    Christy

    ReplyDelete