Monday, March 7, 2011

Selman Intermediate

Last I updated about my career move I was just beginning my journey toward becoming a teacher. Last I mentioned I was just starting a longterm sub job in Sealy for a 4th grade teacher on maternity leave. Well it has now turn into love! Ha! Early February I wrapped up that first assignment in 4th grade and the next day I started my second longterm assignment for another teacher on maternity leave. This time- 5th grade. I am in the middle of this assignment and I couldn't be happier at Selman Intermediate in Sealy,TX. Next week is Spring Break and the following week I will start my third longterm assignment for yet another teacher on maternity leave. This teacher will not be returning and I will finish out the school year here at Selman. I will be teaching 5th grade science and social studies. I am really hoping for a full-time position here at this wonderful school, but unfortunately as I am sure all of you had heard, our state has had some major cut backs in the area of education. So, please say a prayer or two for me! I would be so very happy to be a teacher here, so keep those toes and fingers crossed. I will continue to update you on this exciting journey. I am having the time of my life and loving every minute of this new found passion.

GO TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment