Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sangria Blanca


Last weekend myself, my mama, and a group of our girlfriends hosted a beautiful wedding shower for our bride-to-be Megan Carnes. Sorry for the poor quality in the photo above. All I had was my camera phone, but you get the idea. It was such a blast! My friend Christy made the most delicious white wine Sangria, so I just had to share it with you all. It would be perfect for any gathering. It was so refreshing and definitely not too sweet- which is something I am always cautious about with fruity Sangrias. Try it out:)

Ingredients:
1 bottle Pinot Grigio
1/4 cup super fine sugar
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith, cored and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups seedless green grapes, sliced in 1/2
1 cup apple juice
1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
Pinch of salt
1 (12-ounce) can seltzer water
Ice cubes

Directions:
In a large pitcher combine the wine and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the remaining ingredients, except the seltzer, and mix well. Put the pitcher in the refrigerator and let the sangria sit for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the seltzer and ice cubes.

Speaking of Christy- her and her beau Jason recently became engaged! I couldn't be more excited! And to top it off I am going to be a bridesmaid. What an honor! They have set the date for a beautiful, outdoor Fall wedding in the country on October 8th, 2011. I am so thrilled for these love birds. We love you Christy and Jayce!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment