Thursday, May 6, 2010

Supper Club..Cuban Style!

I recently joined a "supper club" with some of my closest girlfriends. It takes place every first Tuesday of the month. Its basically our mothers' version of Bunco without the game. Its an excuse to get together with your best friends, drink wine, and gab all night long. It rotates each month from house to house and each time the hostess chooses a theme. I chose Cuban night! How fitting! I was so excited, the girls got so into the theme. As the hostess I was in charge of the main course. So I made our family recipe of black beans (straight from Havana), and a roasted pork tenderloin (Cuban style). Christy made a delicious mixed salad with avocado and other island ingredients. Missy went out of her way to find a Cuban restaurant to purchase homemade bread. And Megan found a recipe and made a delish Cuban rum cake. It was Elizabeth's "free" night and Hayley brought the most important thing of all- the wine! Adam and Ruby went to visit Mom and Dad Vyvial, so us girls had the house to ourselves. Here are a couple pictures below.




The famous black beans on the stove..I was so excited to make such a legendary family recipe for the first time!

The Cuban pork recipe I tried. Honestly, I was NOT impressed. My guests said they were (but they were probably being sweet). They clearly have NOT tasted our Cuban pierna from Noche Buena....yummmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment